A health technology company digitizes the aging and caregiving platform with the help of Knoldus API solution.
Partner: Leading health technology company
Technologies Used : Functional Java, Lagom, Cassandra, Kafka, DGraph, Kubernetes, Sales Force, Mule Anypoint Gateway
Domain : Health Care
About the Organization:
This is the leading health technology company focused on improving people's health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum. This Organization was the first to provide a personal alert service in North America and has remained the number-one provider with the largest subscriber base to this day.
Their headquarter is in the Netherlands, the company is a leader in diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, patient monitoring, and health informatics, as well as in consumer health and home care.
The Organization has an easy-to-use medical alert system that let you summon help any time of the day or night - even if you can't speak. All you have to do is press your medical alert button, worn on a wristband or pendant, and a trained Personal Response Associate will ensure you get help fast. However, the increasing expectation of customer drives a few challenges:
- Manual onboarding processes which take almost 15 days - to onboard a new customer (care recipient).
- Care recipient do not have any access to do changes. They have to contact the organization to make all the administration changes in their contracts like adding a notifier or responder, changing their Payment method, inviting a new user, health notifications, etc.
- No common platform for the current solutions built on the old technology stack.
- Care recipient can't track medical alerts, notifications and device status.
- The organization couldn't help their customers (care recipients) by sending recommendations based on their medical conditions and allergies
- Missing Analytics - There was no way to track how many care recipients are actively using their application. Device analytics are an important part of their service and with the platform, it is very easy to check the status of devices as well as send a notification in case a device is offline or battery running out.
Knoldus work closely with the organization to digitize the existing stack and helps them in building the platform for enhanced consumer experience. Some of the crucial functionalities that are developed by us are:
- Customer can easily create and activate a care circle of trusted family and friends, access meaningful insights into their loved one's well-being and receive notifications about care.
- Customer can easily connect with a trained care specialist 24/7 to have the right kind of help.
- Automatic onboarding and registration process reduced the lead time from 15 days to 2 minutes.
- Caregivers can share notes about the recipient health, status and upload pictures and videos.
- Recommendation engine for running promotions as well as for pushing relevant content to the user on the basis of the medical profile of the user.
- Maintaining the medical profile with allergies and conditions.
- Live tracking of the recipient and his well being.
- User discovery and invitations as a key functionality to add new users to care circle on runtime.
- Keeping track of the availability of the notifiers and responders so that the system can intelligently decide on routing any emergency request.
- With the knoldus expertise, now they can push content - based on the care recipient profile, medical conditions and allergies and it also includes content about the new services that the customer can enroll to have a healthy and risk-free life.
- Real-time notifications to all the users.
The complete platform built on the Reactive Principles using Lagom as a framework for microservices. The complexity of users and their relations was handled by choosing Dgraph a Graph database for storage. All the microservices that are built use the concept of event sourcing and CQRS to ensure the system is responsive in all conditions with Cassandra as an event store and Dgraph as the read side database. All inter-service communication, notification was done through Kafka and for push notification, Amazon SNS was used. Some of the key points that were considered in Architectural vision are as follows:
- API driven platform
- Containerized microservices
- Container orchestration
- Industry standard log collection, service monitoring & alerting
- Highly flexible, low-coupling, responsive, resilient, elastic, asynchronous, non-blocking microservice architecture (albeit single data store)
- CQRS driven - encapsulate client updates as commands (that mimic business process steps); clients, therefore, can "fire & forget"
- Event sourcing - combine the asynchronous nature of CQRS to yield up-to-date Query results
According to estimates more than 40 million Americans provides care to their aging loved ones each year and spending an average of 24.4 hours per week doing so. As it can be a heart-wrenching, exhausting and overwhelming responsibility. Half of those report says - people experience high levels of stress, which can impact their own personal and professional relationships and responsibilities.
By leveraging Knoldus expertise the organization transforms its services to provide better care for loved ones throughout the aging journey. Now, people can worry less and focus more on the key moments that matter with their loved ones.
- Reduced the onboarding process time from 15 days to 2 mins
- Provide real-time recommendation to all the users
- Access to insights of their loved one's care status
- Easily form and activate a care circle of trusted family and friends
Connected technology can help lighten the burden for caregivers and help provide them with a renewed sense of control through access to insights into their loved one's care status while refocusing their attention on the key moments that matter most for their loved one and themselves.
Get In Touch:
Looking for similar or other solution for the healthcare industry? Get in touch or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are proven, experienced Certified Lightbend Partner, available for partnering to make your product a reality.
Follow our thinking or say a hello @Knolspeak